Monday, May 2, 2011

What a Weekend!

Got back from The Mane Event in Red Deer last night, what a great weekend it was! I chose not to work the whole weekend in the ApHCC booth this time so got to see many clinics and shop and visit! Worked a few hours on Saturday and Sunday in the CHA (Certified Horsemanship Association) booth and got all caught up on what is happening with the association, it was great. There was two emails already this morning from head office and the co-ordinator thanking us all for our help - so nice.

Even got a good visit in with Josh and his mom, although one had to wait in line :) He is looking forward to picking on me again in September and I am looking forward to getting picked on!!!! Jonathan and family are doing well and Westin is sooo cute with his cowboy hat, boots and jeans. It will be interesting to hear the figures, but I am thinking the attendance this year is up and the number of exhibitors definitely was up a lot from last year. Can't wait until next year and I will be sure to book my hotel early - we had to stay at the Ramada, very expensive is not worth half of the price. Certainly do not recommend it at all. Anyways, got a busy day ahead so must get on with it! Sun is shining, mud is drying and horses are waiting to be rode.......

4 comments:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Sorry we missed you , what a crowd!!!

Starmyri Appaloosas Blog said...

Wasn't it insane! but so much fun. The clinics I attended were really great, lots of networking and reconnecting with folks I hadn't seen for a year. Got caught up with Brian Gamberg from Lammles, Josh Nichol, Jonathan Field, Donna Wyatt, RPR, etc. Kim (Jackie Johnson's agent) and I tried to connect too, never happened LOL but our HSRAC Trick Training Clinic is a definite and filling fast. Maybe you FV gals can at least audit one day? It isn't far from Onoway to Mayerthorpe Would love to see you there, will be taking a drive soon to visit you.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

I would love to , have to see what I can fit in.

Rising Rainbow said...

Sounds like it was a great time. I love events like that but we no longer have one in our state that I am aware of.